Each of the Chesnut Cottage’s rooms has its own unique story, and each features a different design and feel.
For a closer look at each of the rooms, click though our photo gallery.
Mary Boykin Chesnut always ensured her guests were well fed, and we want to carry on that tradition. Enjoy our delicious breakfast in our dining room. Our menu can even accommodate special dietary requirements.
A breakfast at the Chesnut Cottage is the perfect way to start your day in Columbia, South Carolina.
– Civil War artifacts and library
– Full breakfast served in the dining room
– All private baths with whirlpool tubs
– Luxurious linens and robes
– Televisions in every room with Roku
– High-speed internet access
– Ample off-street parking
– Discounts for AARP, Corporate Accounts, and Seasonal Occasions, State, Federal, and Military Discounts
– Long-term rates available (call for more information)
– Check-in about 4:00-6:00 PM, unless other arrangements are made.
– The house is SMOKE FREE, smoking is allowed on porches, in the patio arbor and garden/fountain areas.
– Full breakfast is served between 8:00-10:00 AM
– Check-out is 11:00 AM, or later by request
– Cancellation Policy: 14 day advance notice prior to your arrival is required in order for no charges to accrue to your credit card. There are no refunds, however one rebooking is allowed if room is available.