Each of the Chesnut Cottage’s rooms has its own unique story, and each features a different design and feel.
For a closer look at each of the rooms, click though our photo gallery.
Mary Boykin Chesnut always ensured her guests were well fed, and we want to carry on that tradition. Enjoy our delicious breakfast in our dining room. Our menu can even accommodate special dietary requirements.
A breakfast at the Chesnut Cottage is the perfect way to start your day in Columbia, South Carolina.
– Civil War artifacts and library
– Full breakfast served in the dining room
– All private baths with whirlpool tubs
– Luxurious linens and robes
– Televisions in every room with Roku
– High-speed internet access
– Ample off-street parking
– Discounts for AARP, Corporate Accounts, and Seasonal Occasions, State, Federal, and Military Discounts
– Long-term rates available (call for more information)
– Check-in about 4:00-6:00 PM, unless other arrangements are made.
– The house is SMOKE FREE, smoking is allowed on porches, in the patio arbor and garden/fountain areas.
– Full breakfast is served between 8:00-10:00 AM
– Check-out is 11:00 AM, or later by request
– Cancellation Policy: 14 day advance notice prior to your arrival is required in order for no charges to accrue to your credit card. There are no refunds, however one rebooking is allowed if room is available.
The Chesnut Cottage
While the façade of Columbia has changed drastically since the 1850’s, the Chesnut Cottage still stands strong on Hampton Street and is still home to guests of all ages. Drop by the Cottage for a stay and hear what other stories this iconic home still has to tell.
The President's Room
The elegant President's room is furnished with a king size pencil post bed and beautiful antiques. At the end of a busy day enjoy a quiet retreat to the deluxe whirlpool. The large bathroom also features a separate shower.
The Garden Suite
Enjoy our largest Jacuzzi and chic decor. A private entrance with double French doors lead to a queen size bedroom. A favorite room with our guests, it has direct access with a private entrance to garden and parking.
The Mary Boykin Chesnut Room
The Mary Boykin Chesnut Room features a queen size poster bed and luxurious linens. The former library of the house has a soft touch that is cozy and delightful. The bath has a large Jacuzzi for relaxation and bathing.
The General James Chesnut Room
This tasteful and spacious room boasts a queen size bed. The room holds unique Civil War memorabilia and books. Our only two room suite, the adjoining room offers a twin bed with shared bathroom and an oversize whirlpool.
The Carriage House Suite
Celebrate and enjoy a relaxing evening in our largest suite with a large king size bed. Our most private room often referred to as the bridal suite for its luxurious romance. A night you will never forget. Amenities include refrigerator, microwave, coffee / tea bar, and large jacuzzi tub.